When I made my blackening spice blend I had this salad in mind. I wanted to make a light and healthy salad for dinner that was still tasty and satisfying. While one might think that I was doing this because it’s just after the New Year when everyone has a diet resolution, but that’s not the case. I don’t do resolutions, remember?
I wanted a light salad for dinner because my husband and I had plans to go to Friday brunch (without the kids.) While brunch may seem like no big deal, it is a big to-do here. There is a list of things you must see or do while in Bahrain: Visit the Tree of Life (we’ve tried four times but have yet to find it,) go to the souq, see the historical forts, and do brunch.
All of the hotels and many restaurants host a Friday brunch, but it isn’t what I would really consider brunch to be. Every brunch here starts after 12:30, there are no breakfast foods and it’s an all-you-can-eat-and-drink smorgasbord. My husband and I ended up deciding on Muju for their jazz brunch. And although there were no eggs or pancakes to be found, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The drinks were flowing and the desserts were amazing. To be honest, their food wasn’t the best, but it did have a phenomenal view to make up for it.
With hindsight being 20/20, I can definitely say that this salad was the perfect light week night meal before a weekend of indulgence
Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup blackening seasoning
- 1 loaf of French bread (stale bread is best)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoonDijonmustard
- 11/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head of Romaine, chopped
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Divide the seasoning among the chicken breasts and rub in. Set aside.
- To make the croutons: cut the French bread into cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt and garlic powder and toast in a 400 degree oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Croutons can be made one day a head of time and stored in an airtight container.
- Heat a vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the chicken breasts 5 minutes per side or until the outside is browned and it is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the anchovy paste, garlic cloves, lemon juice,Dijon, and Worchershire sauce in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the EVOO.
- To assemble the salad, toss dressing with the lettuce top with croutons and parmesan cheese. Serve the warm chicken on the side.
May be you like to refer another food recipes making the tasty meals for your family.